OFM Research Inc.
OFM Research is a not for profit research corporation founded in 2005 by Richard Sack and Mark Ghiorso. The mission of OFM is to promote research on the thermodynamic properties of natural materials and to encourage the application of thermodynamics in geochemistry, petrology and the study of ore deposits.
What's new at OFM Research web site?
- Rhyolite-MELTS, MELTS and pMELTS run on Mountain Lion (Mac OS 10.8+)
- PhasePlot, a software package for visualizing phase equilibria, is available at the Mac App store. To learn more visit the PhasePlot website or follow PhasePlot on Facebook.
- Follow MELTS on Facebook
- Rhyolite-MELTS is now available for Macintosh Snow Leopard (10.6+)
- Visit the OFM forum: A community of users of MELTS, pMELTS, CTserver web services, and LEPR
- Link to Mark Ghiorso's personal web site
1931 - 2007
"A great light has gone out."
A few words from our President:
I believe it is not in our American character to follow – but to lead. And it is time for us to lead once again. I am here today to set this goal: we will devote more than three percent of our GDP to research and development. We will not just meet, but we will exceed the level achieved at the height of the Space Race, through policies that invest in basic and applied research, create new incentives for private innovation, promote breakthroughs in energy and medicine, and improve education in math and science. This represents the largest commitment to scientific research and innovation in American history.
President Barack Obama, from a speech to the National Academy of Sciences in Washington, D.C., April 27, 2009.